Friday, January 9, 2009

Quickly

Why is Nancy Pelosi always smiling? Is her face stuck like that? Do you think it disturbs the members of the house? I mean, we already knew she gave the Republicans the willies, but I think I'm starting to get them, too.

Here's my theory: You know how closeted homosexuals might over-posture as heterosexual, to the point, sometimes, of overt homophobia and violence? Think American Beauty, here. Think Milk. (On a side note, I'm pretty sure Gus Van Sant would kick Sam Mendes's suburban malaised ass.) Anyway, Nancy Pelosi managed to become Speaker of the House, third in succession to the presidency, so you have to imagine she's probably a bit of a pit bull. I can totally see her being a strict grandmother who lays down the motherfucking law. So if my hypothesis is correct, that creepy, broad, stick-on smile that makes her face look like a Halloween mask really is a mask. While everyone else can look relaxed in photos, Pelosi is probably terrified of scowling at the American public and so forces that plastered smile.

Either that or her face is stuck that way.

2 comments:

RandomDoug said...

So what you are saying is we need to arrange a scowl off of sorts with Nancy "Pit Bull" Pelosi & Dick "Darth Vader" Cheney? Am I off in how I am reading this?

Senator Murphy said...

yes. that is what i'm saying.