Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm giddy! You understand? GIDDY!


Interpol, whose new album, Our Love to Admire, will finally be released this July after a three year wait, has just offered up the album's opener, "Pioneer to the Falls." The track starts off moody and subdued, because they're Interpol, and just before the rhythm section comes to life, Paul Banks reassures us, "The soul can wait." My soul can't wait, Paul! I'm impatient, god damnit! But the band notes a little impatience of their own as the emotional prowess of the song builds perpetually and elegantly into a thrilling conclusion of percussion and strings prefigured by Paul's admission, "I felt you so much today." Everybody sing: "I FELT YOU SO MUCH TODAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!"

2 comments:

Darby said...

you took it off!

Unknown said...

i felt something in my pants after hearing this song.